Why locally sourced seeds?
The Direct Seeding Program places prime importance on the provenance of the seed. We collect seed from remnant vegetation close to the client’s site or from nearby sites previously seeded by us, which helps take the pressure off existing remnant vegetation. Direct seeding can work very well in lower rainfall parts of the state. Our team has designed and built equipment that is tailor made for different conditions.
Eligibility for Direct Seeding
- You have a large area to plant (over 2 ha)
- The land is safely accessible by tractor or ute
- The land is arable
- Your property is located in: Murray Mallee, Greater Mt Lofty Ranges, Fleurieu Peninsula, Upper South East, Mid North or Yorke Peninsula.
As a landholder, you must ensure that direct seeding is done in autumn, winter or spring, and ensure ongoing weed and pest control. If you are eligible, contact the Direct Seeding team. We will organise an indicative quote, site assessment and revegetation plan.
A Direct Seeding project involves:
- An indicative quote based on information provided by you
- A site meeting to determine appropriate species, map the exact areas to be seeded and to finalise quote for approval
- Advice on animal and weed control after direct seeding
- Native seed matched to your property and appropriate machinery
- Job completion summary